It seems as though quite a few people recently have been making comment on a “change” in quality of Boge Cartomisers.
I quite literally handle ,000′s of Boge Cartomisers on a weekly basis and I have not noticed any change in either quality or materials.
The packaging may change from time to time, but this is pretty standard across the board for all products in the wider eCig marketplace.
Rather than listen to “I think” or “I heard” or “Must be” theories that are popping up out there on the internet I thought I would use my industry contacts and ask Boge themselves.
Check out the email reply from BogeTech in China in relation to the mystery surrounding Boge Cartomisers recently…
First of all thank you very much for your persistent help and support to Boge! We note that recently there are some negative comments on the quality of our Boge cartomizers. We find that most of the complaints focus on blank cartos. After detailed investigation, we’d like to release the following clarification:
1) Boge’s prefilled cartomizers are regarded as the best cartomizers in the market, owing to their perfect performance and consistency in quality. We’ve seldom received any complaint about prefilled cartos.
2) Boge has never changed any material for our cartomizers, no matter blank or prefilled ones. Some people think that the fiber filler has changed, but actually there is no change at all. There are only 2 changes to our packaging. The first change is the condom, but this only happened to several batches in early April, 2012, when the original supplier of condom was out of stock so we had to use condom from another supplier, which was a little bit loose and shorter. However, there wasn’t any change at all to any material of the cartos. One or two weeks later we used the original condom again and everything remained the same as before. Some people are talking about the long condom version vs short condom version. Actually the cartos in both versions are exactly the same. We don’t think the length of the condom could have any effect on the quality of the cartos. The second change is that we spray print the style No., flavor, nicotine strength and resistance of heating coil etc. on the candy packs instead of using transparent stickers.
3) We think the way of filling e-liquid into the cartos is crucial for their performance. For prefilled cartos, we use an injector to fill e-liquid deep inside the cartos twice. Each time the e-liquid is distributed evenly in three different places. In this case we can make sure that the heating coil is fully infiltrated before the users inhale. This is why our prefilled cartos perform so well so far. For blank ones, we are not able to control the users’ way of filling. An user can get the burnt taste easily if the heating coil is not fully infiltrated. Please fill in the e-liquid correctly to ensure that all units work well.
4) VG e-liquid is thicker than PG one. It takes more time (maybe 5-10 minutes) for VG e-liquid to go through the fiber filler and reach the heating coil. We don’t know how our blank cartos work with other brand of e-liquid. We only know that Boge cartomizers, filled with Dekang e-liquid, are gold standard in the electronic cigarette industry.
5) Some users put our blank cartos into clear tank (like the so called DCT or F16) and find that they don’t work well. This is quite understandable as our cartos are not designed to be used in the clear tank. Our cartos are intended to be used with 3.7v batteries only. It’s not recommended to use our cartos with other devices.
6) There are lots of fake Boge cartos in the market. When you search “Boge” on www.alibaba.com, you’ll find thousands of “Boge products” but most of them are not produced by Boge. We can not exclude the possibility that a certain proportion of the complained Boge cartos are fake. We’ll continue to fight against such fake products to safeguard our rights and interests, and maintain the reputation of the quality of our products.
No matter what the reasons are, we’ve taken this issue seriously. We are doing something to optimize our products. We’ve added automatic assembling and inspecting machines to increase our productivity and guarantee our quality. We’ll continue to enhance the 100% inspection system for all cartos before shipment. We have never, and will never compromise on quality. We trust that we are able to provide all Boge fans with perfect cartos whose quality is as good as usual.
We thank you again for your kind concerns! We are open to any opinions you have about our products. If you have any questions, please feel free to send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org （Attn: Mr. Stanley Chen）or visit our websites at www.bogecig.com and bogetech.en.alibaba.com.
With our best regards.
Sales & Marketing Department
Shenzhen Boge Technology Co., Ltd.
2/F, 8 Building, Shasan Chuang Ye Industrial Park,
Shajing Town, Baoan District, Shenzhen, China 518104
This confirms what I first thought when reading and now viewing different personalities views on a supposed “decline in quality” of the cartomisers.
Something else I received from Boge when first enquiring about any changes was not mentioned in the above email but something that I feel pertinent.
A “Stainless” coloured Boge (a cartomiser with no coloured wrapping) will rust inside the tighter condom end caps.
The change to the shorter looser fitting end caps, has another advantage that the tighter end caps do not.
I know that they make it hard for bottom filling but as Boge themselves, a reputable long standing Chinese manufacturer has stated.
There is and has been no change to the materials or processes used to manufacture a Boge Cartomiser… They are still the same great quality!